Dear MID Ratepayers,
As our city and region grapple with the public health and economic impacts of coronavirus, we at DSA/MID continue to adapt on a daily basis to serve downtown property owners. The Seattle area was one of the first to be impacted by this virus, and downtown Seattle — as the region’s jobs, tourism, retail and cultural hub — is feeling the brunt of the economic impact.
We continue to follow public health guidelines as we ramp back up MID-funded ambassador operations. As of Aug. 2, our hours of operation will be:
- Clean Team: Sunday-Saturday, 6 a.m-2:30 p.m. and 10:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Safety Team: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.; starting Aug. 9, Safety Team hours will be 7:30 a.m.- 7 p.m.
- Parks & Public Spaces Team: Sunday-Saturday, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Outreach Team: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Our ambassadors are attending to cleaning, customer service, outreach and public space needs while distancing from each other and the public. We anticipate this being our approach for the foreseeable future pending guidance from local and state officials. We will continue to review operations and staffing levels with the MID ratepayer advisory committee, which is composed of downtown property owners.
During this period when foot traffic downtown is reduced and some storefronts are boarded up, we’ve launched a new intake form
to help track vandalism and property damage. If you see damage to businesses or public infrastructure, we ask you to report it using this form, in addition to contacting Seattle Police. We are in regular communications with SPD and city leadership on downtown safety and security issues. We’ve also worked with property owners and urban artists to bring life and vibrancy to boarded-up storefronts downtown.
We are also serving ratepayers by:
- Working closely with federal, state and local officials to address both the public health and the economic impacts of this crisis on downtown;
- Gathering critical economic impact data to share with officials and policymakers; and,
- Continuing to be a key partner in connecting ratepayers to available resources and new information.
These are challenging and unprecedented times, and I appreciate your support. You may reach out to me via email anytime with questions or comments at email@example.com.
DSA President & CEO